hi it’s really a challenge to find the best products that can be deserving of your hard-earned money it may be easier when you have a reliable source like our website actually our team reviewed a lot of products analyze endless reviews from the actual users and made our rankings based on many factors such as price quality durability performance and the reputation of the manufacturer if you choose from this list you can be sure that you’re buying one of the best products you can see their latest prices and find out more information about these products by using the links below in the description
Best Benchtop Thickness Planers in canada 2023
number five we have the mophorn thickness planer this is the first tool from mophorn i’ve had the opportunity to review but even though i had my doubts prior to this review i can say now that the performance and quality exceeded my expectations the mo foreign thickness planers is one of the few units that come with an already made stand that allows you to use the machine conveniently at the right height apart from that the stand also makes the it more rigid preventing it from wobbling during use the stand can be detached from the planar unit so you don’t have to worry about carrying both at the same time if you have to move or transport it the width capacity is just 12.5 inches while the depth capacity is 6 inches but you can carry out a lot of projects with it especially if you’re a weekend warrior or contractor who needs a portable machine for jobsite use for power the mohorn comes equipped with a 1500 watts motor which turns the cutter head and roller assembly allowing you to feed in boards at a rate of 315 inches per minute it has a maximum cutting depth of 0.1 inches with the two blade cutter head spinning at 9000 rpm thus helping you get a quality and smooth finish on your boards
- Powerful Thickness Planer: 10 AMP 2000W Motor; Blade speed: 8000rpm; Feeding speed: 236"/min (6 m/min). With 2pcs double cutter blades, this high-efficiency wood planer adopts the complicated honing process to ensure the cutting edge is sharp and straight. It is served as an essential tool and workhorse for a wide range of professional and DIY woodworking projects–specifically designed to repurpose wood (old, weathered, and worn wood) while giving it an extraordinarily smooth finish.
- Infeed & Outfeed Tables: Max cutting width: 12.5" (318 mm); Cutting thickness: 0.2"-6.3" (6-160 mm). All-stainless steel & metal material workbench can ensure a smooth wood processing procedure. The HSS blade is not easy to break, extending the service life. A crank handle for easy adjustment of the cutter head height; A scale ruler for precise machining; An Automatic feeding design is available to auto-feed the material; 2 metal return rollers are provided to pass workpieces back effortlessly.
- Heavy-Duty Stand: There is a heavy-duty stand for a more strong fixation of the wood planer. This portable table planer is compact and space-saving with a detachable stand and foldable extension plates. ABS grooves on both sides are designed for easy mobility.
- Dust Exhaust Interface: Dust collection pot, inner diameter 1.8 inch/ 45 mm, outer diameter 2 inch/ 50 mm. The dust exhaust interface can connect to dust collectors for easy cleanup of the flying wood chips. Meanwhile, an iron dust cover is available to replace the collector. Both ways can keep your working place tidy and cultivate a pleasant working environment.
- Safety Precautions: Equipped with power-off protection electromagnetic switch, the over-current protector can be tripped when the motor is overloaded. This design dramatically improves security performance, ensuring a stable & reliable operation, extending the service life.
number four we have the dewalt dw 734 benchtop thickness planer the dewalt dw 734 benchtop planer features a three knife cutter head just like the dw735x the three knifes are double-edged knives which means you can reverse them after one edge gets dull or blunt spinning the cutter head has a powerful 15 amp motor which produces a maximum speed of 20 000 rpm so the user can work on any stock whether it’s hardwood like oak or soft wood like pine wood the motor spins the cutter head at a speed of 10 000 revolutions per minute producing 96 cuts per inch to ensure the finest finish on the stock at the top of the machine is a depth adjustment knob that allows you to raise or lower the cutter head for easy depth control it also has a turret depth stop so that you can make repeat cuts and avoid mistakes
- Powerful 15 amp, 20,000 rpm motor of the woodworking planer handles larger, deeper cuts in hardwoods.
- Three-knife cutter head with 10,000 rpm cutter-head speed of the thickness planer provides 96 cuts per inch, one of the finest finishes of any portable planer
- Disposable, reversible knives of the wood planer deliver 30% more knife life and make knife change fast and easy.
- Four-column carriage lock drastically reduces the movement that causes snipe
- Extra-long infeed and outfeed tables provide 33-1/2-inch of material support.
- Material removal gauge and extra-large thickness scale deliver accurate cuts with every pass
- Turret depth stop allows user to return to their most frequently used depths with ease
number 3 we have the jet jwp13bt 13-inch helical style benchtop planer of all the benchtop thickness planers listed here the jet jwp13bt is the only one that comes factory fitted with a helical style cutter head it comes equipped with 15 amp two horsepower motor that spins the helical cutter head at a speed of 10 000 rpm the helical cutter head consists of six rows of 24 quick change carbide inserts which are very easy to replace compared to the knives of a straight knife cutter head it has a width capacity of 13 inches a depth capacity of 6 inches and a maximum cut depth of 1 8 of an inch the jet jwp 13 bt features a precision machined cast iron bed adjustable in feed and out feed tables for workpiece support and snipe prevention it features an adjustable depth stop for repetitive cuts and to prevent mistakes infeed speed can be changed from 18 feet per minute to 16 feet per minute to maximize cut quality
- SMOOTH CUTS: Helical-style cutter head, with easy-to-change blades, provides a clean cuts.
- REDUCED SNIPE: Precision machined cast iron bed and steel cover assists in keeping boards flat.
- POWERFUL MOTOR: 2-HP 15-amp motor turns the cutter head at 10,000 RPM.
- MAXIMUM EFFICIENCY: Dual infeed speed control for either 18 fpm or 26 fpm, maximizes cut efficiency on different wood material types.
- FOUR POST DESIGN: For maximum control and support of cutter head in reference to work piece and cast table.
number two we have the when place 1326 spiral cutter head bench top thickness planer there are several models of the wen benchtop thickness planer which include the 6500 6552 6552t and so on the latest of them is the wen pl1326 the wen pl 1326 portable benchtop thickness planer as an upgrade to the wen6552t with the upgrade being the addition of a spiral cutter head instead of the old three blade straight knife cutter head with this new spiral cutter head made up of 26 staggered and rotatable high-speed steel blades hss you have a machine capable of producing the cleanest and smoothest finish on your rough lumber pieces like the previous model the 1pl1326 has a width capacity of 13 inches and a depth capacity of 6 inches allowing you to plane the widest boards possible on a portable machine like this spinning the spiral cutter head is a 15 amp motor with a rotational speed of 10 000 rpm at a feed rate of 26 feet per minute dust collection is a breeze as there’s an adjustable dust port at the back to which you can attach your dust collector or shop vac to keep a clean working area there’s also a new and improved onboard thickness gauge that shows the amount of material that will be removed on inch pass through the machine the infield and outfield tables are height adjustable which makes it easy to support the material and reduce snipe
- Spiral cutterhead utilizes 26 staggered and rotatable HSS blades for a clean, smooth finish
- Onboard material removal gauge informs users about the cutting depth of each pass
- Plane boards up to 6 inches thick and 13 inches wide
- 15A motor generates 10,000 RPM at a 26 feet per minute feed rate
number one we have the dewalt dw735x benchtop thickness planer the dw735x has a 13 inch width capacity which is the widest you’re going to get with any portable planer equipped with a three knife cutter head the dw735x produces a very smooth finish on boards that go through it it has a maximum depth capacity of 6 inches allowing you to take a lot of material at once from the wood you’re working on one of the only portable thickness planers that come equipped with a two-speed gearbox which allows the user to change the feed speed from 96 cuts per inch to 179 cuts per inch this allows you to optimize cuts per inch for both dimensioning and finishing of the lumber surface the dewalt dw735x also features an automatic carriage lock that helps lock the cutter head in place to prevent sniping at the ends of the boards a fan assisted dust ejection helps vacuum chips and sawdust off the cutter head and out of the machine to keep the cutter head free from any hindrance that may bog down the machine additional accessories that come with it include in feed and out feed tables an extra set of blades and a dust hose adapter to connect it to your shop vac allowing you to keep your workshop free from sawdust
- Powerful 15 AMP, 20,000 RPM motor (10,000 RPM cutterhead speed) handles larger cuts in wider materials with ease
- Three knife cutter-head delivers 30% longer knife life and makes knife change faster and easier
- Two speed gear box allows users to change feed speed to optimizing cuts per inch at 96 or 179 CPI
- Fan-assisted chip ejection vacuums chips off of the cutter-head and exhausts them out of the machine
- Includes infeed and outfeed tables and an extra set of knives